There are a number of designs and uses for Geogrid and Earth Stabilization products. CFG is able to provide the right product and solution for nearly any project.
Functions of Geogrid:
GEOTEX® Nonwoven geotextiles are made from high-quality polypropylene staple fibers that are needle-punched to form a dimensionally stable fiber network. They also include fabrics that support separation and stabilization, subsurface drainage, filtration, and cushioning. This family of nonwoven products is compliant with AASHTO/NTPEP standards and is available in a variety of styles to fit your specific project needs and specifications.
· Requires less aggregate during construction saving $50,000 per lane mile on average and reducing road thickness
· Separates aggregate from soil, doubling the useful road life
· Provide superior hydraulics and soil retention to support filtration
· Mitigates dust in unpaved roads
· Provides cushioning and protection for critical lining systems
· Resists biological and chemical environments normally found in soils
· AASHTO / NTPEP Certified
· Reduces overall maintenance cost, saving up to 50% on road repairs
· Useless natural resources – 1 truck of geosynthetic rolls = 850 truckloads of stone
· Installs faster than traditional methods reducing overall construction time
· Signal workers with bright orange color to prevent further excavation in areas that may have buried contaminants or other dangers.
· Separation/Stabilization of paved and unpaved roads
· Filtration in subsurface drainage systems and beneath hard armor systems
· Environmental waste management
GEOTEX® DND Orange is a bright orange, nonwoven geotextile that signals excavators from further digging in areas that may have hazards such as buried contaminants, piping, cables or other dangers. This high-visibility demarcation fabric features durable polypropylene staple fibers that are needle punched to form a dimensionally stable network.
Features and Benefits
· Offers high UV rating – 80% for 500 hours – ensuring product will hold-up against UV exposure
· Danger Do Not Dig/ Peligro No Excavar is directly printed on the fabric eliminating the cost of additional printed tape that requires installation time and frequently does not stay in place
· Warning message is printed every 24 inches to ensure it appears continuously throughout the ground it is protecting
· GEOTEX ORANGE DND nonwovens feature 50% elongation, compared to only 10-15% elongation provided by wovens, better protecting against tears over differentially supported trench backfills
· GEOTEX ORANGE DND offers superior water flow characteristics compared to wovens and slit tape geotextiles, eliminating water ponding, pressure and backfill sliding concerns
· Provides a cost-effective alternative to removing and transporting contaminants offsite
· Nonwovens can easily be cut in the field to fit smaller spaces, compared to wovens which require factory selvage edges
· Complies with Federal and State laws requiring archeological sites be protected from construction impacts
· Available in multiple product weights, consistent with AASHTO M 288, to meet specification requirements
· Resistant to biological and chemical environments normally found in soils, preventing breakdown of material over time
GEOTEX® ORANGE DND is a demarcation fabric for applications where digging and excavating is restricted, including:
· Superfund sites and brownfield projects
· Areas where underground tanks, pipes, cables and electrical utilities need to be protected
· Remediation zones
· Archaeological and sensitive excavation sites
GEOTEX® WOVEN GEOTEXTILES
GEOTEX® Woven geotextiles are manufactured with high tensile strength and low elongation to provide dimensional stability and deliver superior load distribution, reducing rutting and extending the life of paved and unpaved roadways. This product line offers a variety of AASHTO/NTPEP compliant styles to meet your specific project and specification needs.
Raven manufactures a wide range of geomembrane liners to meet your individual specifications. Choose from durable unsupported HydraFlex™ or dense scrim reinforced Dura♦Skrim® liners ranging from 20 mil up to rugged 45 mil smooth or textured reinforced liners. Raven’s exclusive GeoGrip™ texture consists of durable random spikes and bidirectional bars for uniform stabilization and support.
Learn more about Raven CLI Construction for leading environmental design-build solutions, custom fabrication, and certified installation services. In addition, comprehensive maintenance programs to keep your installation performing seamlessly, including on-demand inspection and repair services. Checkout the exclusive Raven HydroCap™ Floating Cover System custom designed and installed by Raven CLI Construction.
CETCO, a leader in geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs) manufacturing, has released the BENTOMAT DN-HS geosynthetic clay liner, a new addition to the BENTOMAT product portfolio that uses proprietary, high-density needle punching technology to generate superior peak shear strength properties for slope stability. The product is ideal for containment systems that exist in seismic areas and high normal stress applications, such as heap-leach pad liner systems.
BENTOMAT® Geosynthetic Clay Liners available in a wide range of configurations, meeting your project requirements
When designing with GCLs, engineers should consider shear strength, hydraulic performance and chemical compatibility in order to assure a stable, long-lasting and high-performing liner system. BENTOMAT can be configured with various components in order to ensure maximum value and performance.
Not all projects have the same performance requirements for the lining system .BENTOMAT is available in a variety of product configurations to meet the needs of your project.